Melima - Symbaroum
- Mikal - A young and enthusiastic logger, favourite with the girls around, though he does not seem to be aware of it. His simple, straightforward honesty and strength of body and spirit makes him popular with not just the girls, but with most folk in general. He got injured during the fight and is still in bad condition, with a nasty infection. M, 22, simple, strong, serious
- Marye - The village herbalist, who is also the cook for the inn, the Barking Hound. She is Mikal's cousin and is really worried about the lad. There has always been quiet but persistent rumours about her being a witch, a sorcerer, a secret templar, and a spy for the queen herself. Her slightly out-of-world attitude and talk makes her the odd one out in most communities. F, 27, hard-working, weird, practical
- Kallta - travelling merchant with a small home, likes to trade for favours, M, ~40, stutters, helpful, greedy
- Ebdil - village elder, lost his hair in the forest in an event he never told anyone, M, ~60, slow, moody, visionary
- Old Damon - Melima's resident mystic. He resides just out of town in a large stone-and-timber house west of the village, across the river. He claims to be in the area studying the nature of Davokar. Locals don't think it's wise to meddle with the supernatural — but he keeps himself to himself and his coin is good when he spends it in town to stock his house — so they don't complain too much. It is said that he has taken on an apprentice, a Karit witch named Yagaba … or is it the other way around?
- Suria the washerwoman – Widowed when her husband, a woodcutter, failed to return home from the forest. F, ~50, bitter, sarcastic, pragmatic
- Odogai - Entitled ne'er-do-well. Son of a wealthy land owner. Odogai has a hand in the family business, collecting rents from tenant farmers and such. Enjoys the wealth of his family but has never had to work for it. Vain. Bears a scar on his face and is extremely self conscious about it.
- Karlio the one-handed – Formerly a carpenter, until an accident took one of his hands. Karlio found himself appointed as interim arbiter of Melima after the last one was killed in a Karit raid. That was 8 years ago. The shrewd business of politics suits him and he is the judge of town justice. Hard to deceive or outwit.
- Tengel - Goblin Tinker. Subservient, jumpy and skittish, like a kicked dog. There is a small warren of goblins that live near Melima. One of them, Tengel, sharpens blades and mends pots and pans. This is how he makes his coin, most of which he promptly spends at the Barking Dog. The rest of his warren rarely come to town, but everyone knows to steer clear of the stinking bog they call home.
- Sialle - A changeling prostitute that makes her living in the likeness of Melima's most prominent and coveted women. Reviled in public, relished in private. If a secret has fallen from loose lips she's sure to have caught it up.